Posts tagged Star Wars
Posts tagged Star Wars
Recognize these photos? If you’ve seen Star Wars, you probably do.
This the abandoned set of Tatooine, Luke Skywalker’s home planet. A photographer accidentally stumbled upon the set, which sits in the Tunisian desert. They sit in perfect stillness, at the crest of the Sahara Desert, eaten away by dust and sand.
Michael Arndt has trouble writing Star Wars Episode VII…
Harrison Ford Won’t Answer Star Wars Questions [x]
I will go there and be a pedantic nerd and point out that Wookiee has two e’s.
1) io9 has a breakdown of the unaired Game of Thrones pilot which sounds both closer to the book and even worse at introducing characters than the final pilot. No mention of the fact that
Elizabeth Bennet Jennifer Ehle was the original Catelyn Stark.
2) Disney has announced there will be a new Star Wars fmovie every summer, starting in 2015 with Episode VII and alternating between the sequel trilogy and standalone spin-offs.
3) Via The Mary Sue, MSN is “in talks” with NBC to relaunch Heroes as an Xbox series. Sometimes I remember how great season 1 of Heroes was and then how bad it got and it makes me sad. I don’t think a new series would be much better.
5) And finally, headline of the day courtesy of io9: “A critical analysis of David Bowie’s crotch bulge in Labyrinth”
Star Wars job flowchart. Because of my skill at sitting down, I can look forward to a bright future as a Death Star Laser Operator.
1) Couple interesting trailers for BBC’s zombie rehab series In The Flesh on io9.
2) Listen to a clip of Benedict Cumberbatch singing in the audio adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere. It’s playing on BBC’s Radio 4 Saturday — I really hope it will be online!
3) 7 Geeky-Cool Translations of Hamlet on mental_floss.
4) Inspired by the success of the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter, Zachary Levi wants to make a Chuck movie even more.
5) Here’s a half-inch Millennium Falcon made out of paper.
oh my god
is that a lightsaber cane!?
1) Latest Star Wars 7 rumour is that Harrison Ford is close to signing on to return as Han Solo and Mark Hamill confirms “they’re talking to us.”. I agree with the io9 reporter on why I don’t want to see any returning characters…except R2D2:
I literally have no desire to see old Mark Hamill, old Carrie Fisher, and ancient Harrison Ford in their iconic roles. The idea of seeing Han Solo shuffle around the Millennium Falcon and ease himself gently into the cockpit just sounds like the worst thing ever to me.
2) I’ve been curious what the book Die Hard was based on was like since I spotted the reference in the credits years ago (and it only took decades of watching it every Christmas to notice). Now the book, Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp from 1979, is being reissued.
4) 4 deleted scenes from Game of Thrones season 2.
I’d heard of this, of course, but never saw it before today. And it is even more horrifying than I ever could have imagined.
Bea Arthur + Star Wars is kinda awesome, though.