Posts tagged links
Posts tagged links
2) Speaking of Lego — Lego Helm’s Deep is AMAZING.
3) NBC Universal, which acquired the production company behind Downton Abbey, will launch a line of Downton products this year, including clothes, cosmetics, furniture and wallpaper.
4) Does the world need another Dungeons & Dragons movie? Warner Bros has acquired movie rights to D&D and is reportedly looking for writers. (To be fair, I never say the D&D movie but all reports say I shouldn’t.)
1) io9 rounds up Real-life Houses That Look Like They Belong in the Shire.
2) I am not a mom, but I want Think Geek’s Mother’s Day Gift Packs.
3) Futurama has been cancelled, again. The upcoming 7th season will be the last.
4) First clip of Star Trek Into Darkness has the prime directive and guys in really skin-tight outfits.
5) Predator motorcycle helmet is really cool.
1) io9 has a breakdown of the unaired Game of Thrones pilot which sounds both closer to the book and even worse at introducing characters than the final pilot. No mention of the fact that
Elizabeth Bennet Jennifer Ehle was the original Catelyn Stark.
2) Disney has announced there will be a new Star Wars fmovie every summer, starting in 2015 with Episode VII and alternating between the sequel trilogy and standalone spin-offs.
3) Via The Mary Sue, MSN is “in talks” with NBC to relaunch Heroes as an Xbox series. Sometimes I remember how great season 1 of Heroes was and then how bad it got and it makes me sad. I don’t think a new series would be much better.
5) And finally, headline of the day courtesy of io9: “A critical analysis of David Bowie’s crotch bulge in Labyrinth”
1) Latest Star Wars 7 rumour is that Harrison Ford is close to signing on to return as Han Solo and Mark Hamill confirms “they’re talking to us.”. I agree with the io9 reporter on why I don’t want to see any returning characters…except R2D2:
I literally have no desire to see old Mark Hamill, old Carrie Fisher, and ancient Harrison Ford in their iconic roles. The idea of seeing Han Solo shuffle around the Millennium Falcon and ease himself gently into the cockpit just sounds like the worst thing ever to me.
2) I’ve been curious what the book Die Hard was based on was like since I spotted the reference in the credits years ago (and it only took decades of watching it every Christmas to notice). Now the book, Nothing Lasts Forever by Roderick Thorp from 1979, is being reissued.
4) 4 deleted scenes from Game of Thrones season 2.
1) io9 wants you to know about 77 Science Fiction and Fantasy Movies to Watch Out For in 2013
2) Here are the first official photos of Katniss and Finnick from the Catching Fire film. Cue resounding “meh” on Finnick. He looks too….delicate for Finnick.
3) And more about Catching Fire from Entertainment Weekly: Three ‘Catching Fire’ characters you won’t see in the movie.
4) 6 amazingly geeky home theatres. When I win like 5 lotteries, I will have them all.
1) New Zealand now has a real-life Hobbit pub in the tourist village of Hobbiton.
2) mental_floss gathers 12 Geeky Handmade ornaments. Oh how I want the bacon and mini 221B Baker Street door ornaments!
3) From the growing “not cool, George Lucas” files: George Lucas cut female X-wing pilots out of Return of the Jedi (io9).
4) From a never-filmed Lord of the Rings sequence: photos of Frodo if he ended up like Gollum. Freaky!
5) I want to stay at the Legoland hotel!
6) Empire challenged cast members of The Hobbit to name all the dwarves the fastest. See who won!
Seriously, trailers need to stop using the Inception “Boom” sound effect.
3) Entertainment Weekly has the first look at Legolas in The Hobbit (I assume part 2 or 3).
4) Vanity Fair did a Freaks and Geeks reunion! Everyone looks freakishly the same except Cindy Sanders cut off all her hair, Millie is wearing makeup and Sam (aka my brother’s 9th grade doppelganger and dude on Bones) got insanely tall. Creator Paul Feig also reveals what would have happened to all the characters if there was a second season.
And if you’ve never seen Freaks and Geeks, go watch it right now. Just get past the first episode which is cheesy and not good.
1) mental_floss continues their geeky wedding series with 17 Amazingly Geeky Wedding Cakes.
2) Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is being adapted for BBC miniseries.
3) It’s Hobbit week on The Colbert Report! Stephen Colbert is a Tolkien geek and is rumoured to have a cameo in The Hobbit.
4) A new Hobbit commercial has a brief & blurry glimpse of Smaug — but who cares when Thorin Oakenshield gives Bilbo a hug? Awwww.
1) Limited Edition Hobbit Moleskine notebooks!
2) The first official plot synopsis for Star Trek Into Darkness is revealed. Still no idea who Benedict Cumberbatch is playing.
3) New set photos from Catching Fire (spoilers if you haven’t read the book).
5) Here’s the first official clip from The Hobbit in which Gandalf gives Sting to Bilbo. I’m really surprised there hasn’t been an official clip before — the release is only 2 weeks away!
1) Weta installs a huge Gollum in the Wellington Airport.
2) Being a geek and bride-to-be, I greatly appreciate these 14 Geeky Cake Toppers on mental_floss (ours will be Mario and Princess Peach, BTW).
3) And a related article, here are 15 Geeky Wedding Invitations.
4) You have to see this father/baby daughter Ripley in a Power Loader Halloween costume.
Edited to add: 6) Disney has bought Lucasfilm and says Star Wars Episode VII will be out in 2015 with more movies to follow. Twitter implodes.