Posts tagged wedding
Posts tagged wedding
Me, today :)
This week is turning out to very eventful and super awesome. On Monday I accepted a new position at Harlequin — Manager, Online Engagement. I will be leaving the production game in June to develop content for Harlequin.com and our social media properties (some of which I already manage). It’s kind of bittersweet since I love working with my current team but I’ll be a mere cubicle away and our paths will cross often.
And my promotion was listed in today’s Publishers Lunch meeting (right above Michelle Obama… ;) )
Oh, and I’m getting married Saturday. So woot.
Edited to add: no sooner did I post this but someone told me I’m in Publishers Weekly, too!
1) mental_floss continues their geeky wedding series with 17 Amazingly Geeky Wedding Cakes.
2) Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is being adapted for BBC miniseries.
3) It’s Hobbit week on The Colbert Report! Stephen Colbert is a Tolkien geek and is rumoured to have a cameo in The Hobbit.
4) A new Hobbit commercial has a brief & blurry glimpse of Smaug — but who cares when Thorin Oakenshield gives Bilbo a hug? Awwww.
1) Weta installs a huge Gollum in the Wellington Airport.
2) Being a geek and bride-to-be, I greatly appreciate these 14 Geeky Cake Toppers on mental_floss (ours will be Mario and Princess Peach, BTW).
3) And a related article, here are 15 Geeky Wedding Invitations.
4) You have to see this father/baby daughter Ripley in a Power Loader Halloween costume.
Edited to add: 6) Disney has bought Lucasfilm and says Star Wars Episode VII will be out in 2015 with more movies to follow. Twitter implodes.
Relevant to my interests — I’m sure I’ve pinned/blogged/tweeted at least half of these before :)
DeviantArt user ushiyasha designed this Zelda Triforce-themed ring in Photoshop and had it custom-made by the good folks over at Roger & Hollands.Lots More Here: 11 Geeky Wedding & Engagement Rings
Catching up on some stuff from last week while I was at the Romance Writers of America conference :)
1) The Hobbit is going to be 3 films instead of 2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be released December 14, 2012, second movie on December 13, 2013 and the new third film is scheduled for summer 2014.
I’m not a fan of this. Not that I don’t love Lord of the Rings or Peter Jackson or want more movies but I’m very worried about what effect making this big a change and moving scenes around will have on each film’s story arc…
2) Here are 20 Super Geeky Weddings. Cool, but being in the wedding sphere myself I can tell you a lot of officiants use iPads now, and not all of these are real weddings — the Mario and Hunger Games weddings are style shoots where a bunch of vendors get together for a promotional photo shoot.
3) Here’s an interview with George R.R. Martin about Comics, Sci-Fi and the Idea that started Game of Thrones:
4) This photo!
1) Have $30,000? Then you can buy a replica of the Iron Throne.
2) RIP Ray Bradbury.
3) Reebok has Marvel shoes!
4) Artist Carrie Ann Schumacher makes dresses out of old Harlequin novels. They look awesome.
6) Speaking of weddings, did anyone read the books before putting together these wedding inspiration shoots based on The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones? Berries and the Red Wedding, really? (*spoilers for both, including book 3 of Song of Ice and Fire/possibly season 3 of GoT*)
1) Rocking my tweet stream at the moment — Tor/Forge ebooks to go DRM-free in July. I will be very interested to see how this shakes out and if it starts to spread to other publishers, as well as the rest of Tor’s parent company, Macmillan. (Edited to add: Carina Press, an imprint of Harlequin, is also DRM-free :) )
2) If you are a book lover getting married — or know someone who is — check out these “bookish wedding” posts at Offbeat Bride. I am partial to the table runner from old book pages and dictionary guestbook myself.